We are currently recruiting for LGV1 drivers across the central belt for trunking work. This is predominantly a Monday to Friday position – occasional Saturday shifts are also available. At present we are recruiting for ad-hoc requirements.
Working for a major national courier, you will be responsible for trunking bulk loads to various locations throughout Scotland and Northern England. Our client is looking for flexible drivers who can work between their two depots in Edinburgh and Newhouse. Flexibility regarding start times is also desired, as they run a variety of different shifts – predominantly early morning or backshift/early evening.
Candidates should have:
• A valid UK driving licence with Cat C+E entitlement, digital tachograph card and Driver CPC
• A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a similar role
• A maximum of 6 penalty points (for insurance purposes)
• A flexible attitude to work (this role can involve varying start times, and starting from 1 of 2 depots)
• Strong communication skills
• Good knowledge of Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive rules
Rates of pay range from £18.37-£27.56 (days) and £19.75-£27.56 (nights).